The Future of Money: Intro to Bitcoin
A revolutionary new approach to money is in place: Bitcoin, a virtual currency. Started in 2009, the Bitcoin currency is not regulated by any central authority; instead it is run as an open-source network of peers, meaning it cannot be manipulated by government. The Economist published a thorough report in June 2011 explaining exactly how Bitcoin operates, enabling the instant purchase of real goods without being pegged to any “real” currency.
TechCrunch has been covering the Bitcoin phenomenon over the past year, following the progress of and challenges facing the project. Fred Wilson, a well-known venture capitalist, recently claimed that “social upheaval” is the next-big-thing coming to the internet, citing Bitcoin as an example of this. Meanwhile critics like blogger Jason Calcasis call this project “dangerous”, warning of the potential of peer-to-peer currency to destabilize economies and encourage contraband.
The Bitcoin 2.X model is aimed to solve the problems facing Bitcoin. The 2.X version would allow for a division in values between various extensions of Bitcoin currency. This would utilize the novel technology in place but permit the separated currencies to have a more stable value, and allow multiple communities to use the existing infrastructure. This would likely bring many more users to the network.
About Yoni AssiaFounder and CEO of Etoro.com
About The Author
Yoni Assia is the co-founder and CEO of eToro.com
- The best product ever inventned – MONEY (and about Currency 2.x) March 27, 2012
- The Social IPO and why you are going to buy facebook shares on facebok very soon April 21, 2012
- eToro – Be All You Can Be May 9, 2012
- Startup course – Peter Thiel’s “The Last Class You’ll Ever Have to Take” July 4, 2012
- The similarities between Tony Soprano and Facebook Feed February 27, 2012
- 2014: Still living in the 20th century? April 14, 2014
- Great 2013! Now onto 2014… February 2, 2014
- eToro meets David Cameron, the British Prime Minister via Future Fifty December 9, 2013
- Start-up Course: Back to the Future- Changing the world today and tomorrow December 8, 2013
- New leadership for a new world- Management 2.0 July 30, 2013
- Dema-cia.com: Dema-cia.com Agree with your mind. Hope you can k...
- fifa 14 coins: fifa 14 coins Is Technology still living in the 2...
- kolikkopelit netissa: kolikkopelit netissa The best product ever invent...
- look aphanes allotrope: the conclusion is the last material your readers ...
- fifa 14 ps3: fifa 14 ps3 Is Technology still living in the 20t...
Follow @yoniassia on Twitter
- April 2014
- February 2014
- December 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- April 2011
- March 2011
- November 2010
- April 2010
- November 2008