Startup Class 5- The Mechanics of the Mafia Openbook. Openspace. Open views. Openness- this is the way we conduct ourselves at eToro and this week’s class was no different with our students giving their weekly insights into how they think a successful company should be structured. Close relations harvest a successful company. As [...]
Thiel’s Law and Follow the Money This class focuses on Peter Thiel’s mantra, ‘that a startup messed up at its foundation cannot be fixed.’ To further explore this principle we had the pleasure of being joined by telecoms entrepreneur Haggai Barel. Haggai’s Orca Interactive was acquired by France Telecom that later merged with Viaccess. [...]
Growth Hacking – Why Geeks are the Salesmen of the 21st century…Startup Class – If You Build It, Will They Come?
This class focused on how one builds, sells and markets their products. The class was privileged to be joined by eToro’s VP of Online Marketing, Nir Orren. The class focused on how distribution plays a pivotal role in allowing a company to maximise its value, using the methods of sales, marketing, PR and media and [...]
This week at our weekly startup course we went through Startup Course 2013 Class 4, we had a unique opportunity to look into the mind of an angel, Guy Gamzu. Guy was the lead angel investor in eToro and is on the board at eToro, he is one of the top angel investors in Israel, and has [...]
We are in the second round of eToro startup course, below are some insights following Startup Class 3 on Value Systems. As usual the week’s class was attended by an eclectic group of the highly talented people that we have here at eToro along with one or two visitors checking out the scene. Just before tha [...]
I recently read a great post by Fred Wilson talking about regulation 2.0: Regulation 2.0 is a framework that we have been working on with a bunch of others who are rethinking what government means in a networked world. In the Regulation 1.0 world (the one we are in now) regulators are required to give you permission [...]
Ministry of Finance Announcement Agreement for a Financial Assistance to the Republic of Cyprus On the 16th of March 2013, an agreement has been reached by the Member States of the Eurozone, for granting financial assistance to the Republic of Cyprus. Financial assistance up to an amount of €10 billion is to be granted to [...]
It was released this week that MIT is conducting a $1 million test to see if social media can make investors money. These are very exciting times for us at eToro, where we see this great academic research done around social investing. MIT are researching what they call ‘sustainable trading’. Everyone is talking about sustainable energy, and [...]
“Financial regulators can’t regulate consumer behaviour” brett king As part of the emergence of bitcoin and digital finance, there are a lot of questions regarding the legality of bitcoin and its derivative projects. One of the main hurdles in financial innovation has always been legistlation and regulation, while regulators have the to keep the best [...]
As part of the emergence of bitcoin and digital finance, there are a lot of questions regarding the legality of bitcoin in general, and its derivative projects. I propose an open source source project: to build a website that is dedicated to solving all the legal issues of bitcoin and digital finance. The website will [...]
About The Author
Yoni Assia is the co-founder and CEO of eToro.com
- The Social IPO and why you are going to buy facebook shares on facebok very soon April 21, 2012
- eToro – Be All You Can Be May 9, 2012
- Startup course – Peter Thiel’s “The Last Class You’ll Ever Have to Take” July 4, 2012
- Why I Won’t Stop Blogging Any Time Soon March 29, 2012
- The similarities between Tony Soprano and Facebook Feed February 27, 2012
- Startup Class 5 – The Mechanics of the Mafia April 26, 2013
- Get Married in Delaware- Startup Course Thiel’s Law and Follow the Money April 24, 2013
- Growth Hacking – Why Geeks are the Salesmen of the 21st century…Startup Class – If You Build It, Will They Come? April 21, 2013
- Last Mover Advantage – With Guy Gamzu, startup class 4 April 11, 2013
- Fucking Valuations- Out With the Old in With the New… Startups course class 3 April 2, 2013
- Last Mover Advantage - With Guy Gamzu, startup class 4 - Yoni Assia: [...] } eToro This week at our weekly start...
- Fucking Valuations- Out With the Old in With the New... Startups course class 3 - Yoni Assia: [...] are in the second round of eToro startup cou...
- The best product ever inventned - MONEY (and about Currency 2.x) - Yoni Assia: [...] period. Re-inventing money on the web, w...
- Could MIT research on sustainable trading advance the end of poverty - Yoni Assia: [...] MIT researchers, Sandy Pantlant, and Yaniv A...
- Metrics | Annotary: [...] Share yoniassia.com 2...
Follow @yoniassia on Twitter