I wanted to take the time to reflect on what has been a truely revolutionary year 2013. I don’t think anyone, including myself, had dared to imagine what a year of change it would be for all of us. At eToro we launched some exciting features; the eToro OpenBook for mobile devices (both IOS and […]
We recently were accepted into the Future Fifty programme- a UK governmental programme designed to accelerate a select group of high-growth stage tech. The formal event took place together with the Tech City 3rd anniversary. We were welcomed in ceremonial fashion by being invited to open the world’s financial markets at the London Stock Exchange along with other […]
It’s almost impossible to predict the future, whether it be the financial or tech future. There is so much great innovation out there, but when will it reach widespread market distribution? As mentioned in a previous blog, the world has been waiting for electric cars for several years and we are still waiting… we are […]
We just recently finished our 2nd startup course at the company. It was an awesome ride. Once again another group of employees partook in a journey that allowed them to explore how best to set up a company and take their creative ideas from 0 to 1. I better watch my back because there […]
Start-up course- Deep Thought There is a lot out there that we don’t know; deep in the oceans, deep in outer space and there is technology that is perhaps more advanced than ourselves. AI- artificial intelligence and computer science has developed to such an extent that it can outperform humans more efficiently, dramatically changing the […]
After web 2.0 My kids will grow up and they won’t understand how I lived and coped in a world without the web. I always found it amazing how my parents never really had a television growing up. How did they live their lives?! We now live in the web 3.0 world, it is almost […]
You’ve got a great idea. That’s great. Well done congrats. I’m busy, but I am willing to listen, I’ll give ya 60 secs on my way out the office. Pitch it to me…in the elevator. Like we mentioned in previous blogs a great idea does not sell itself, YOU have to sell it and sell […]
Startup Class 5- The Mechanics of the Mafia Openbook. Openspace. Open views. Openness- this is the way we conduct ourselves at eToro and this week’s class was no different with our students giving their weekly insights into how they think a successful company should be structured. Close relations harvest a successful company. As […]
Thiel’s Law and Follow the Money This class focuses on Peter Thiel’s mantra, ‘that a startup messed up at its foundation cannot be fixed.’ To further explore this principle we had the pleasure of being joined by telecoms entrepreneur Haggai Barel. Haggai’s Orca Interactive was acquired by France Telecom that later merged with Viaccess. […]
Growth Hacking – Why Geeks are the Salesmen of the 21st century…Startup Class – If You Build It, Will They Come?
This class focused on how one builds, sells and markets their products. The class was privileged to be joined by eToro’s VP of Online Marketing, Nir Orren. The class focused on how distribution plays a pivotal role in allowing a company to maximise its value, using the methods of sales, marketing, PR and media and […]
About The Author
Yoni Assia is the co-founder and CEO of eToro.com
- The Social IPO and why you are going to buy facebook shares on facebok very soon April 21, 2012
- Startup course – Peter Thiel’s “The Last Class You’ll Ever Have to Take” July 4, 2012
- eToro – Be All You Can Be May 9, 2012
- Why I Won’t Stop Blogging Any Time Soon March 29, 2012
- The best product ever inventned – MONEY (and about Currency 2.x) March 27, 2012
- Great 2013! Now onto 2014… February 2, 2014
- eToro meets David Cameron, the British Prime Minister via Future Fifty December 9, 2013
- Start-up Course: Back to the Future- Changing the world today and tomorrow December 8, 2013
- New leadership for a new world- Management 2.0 July 30, 2013
- Start-up Course- Deep Thought. AI, Are humans dying out? July 3, 2013
- real louis vuitton bags damier: real louis vuitton bags damier Kris and Adam sing...
- louis vuitton neverfull mm damier: louis vuitton neverfull mm damier Some individual...
- louis vuitton purse: louis vuitton purse Early Season Poll: Which 'Am...
- louis vuitton alma image: louis vuitton alma image A lot of people do what ...
- louis vuitton sunglasses kanye: louis vuitton sunglasses kanye Throughout the X G...
Follow @yoniassia on Twitter